The fourth-generation Viennese workshop of Carl Auböck combines traditional craftsmanship with modern design. Designed in the 1950s by Carl Auböck II (1900–1957) and realized in lustrous brass-plated cast iron, these chunky links were inspired by the anchor chain used in maritime rituals of burial at sea. Also available in nickel-plated cast iron.
Brass-plated cast iron, selected by the designer for its propensity to develop a rich patina. Do not polish.
Handmade in Austria
8 inches x 2.5 inches x 1.5 inches
This unlacquered brass object will develop a patina over time. Polish by buffing with soft cloth. Brass polish may also be used; use a second clean, dry cloth to buff the brass to a shine.
Imperfections such as small scratches and/or minor knicks on the surface of this item are evidence of the handmade production process and should not be considered defects.