Frankly Answered Queries
- What if I forgot my password?
If you forgot your password, we will email you a temporary password via a secure, encrypted connection.
- What payment methods does The Line accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diner’s Club.
- What if I have a question about my order?
Please drop us a line at email@example.com. We're here to answer your questions about existing orders, shipping, and returns Monday through Friday, between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. EST.
- How do promo/discount codes work?
Promo and discount codes may be entered into the dedicated field at checkout and will then be applied to eligible items in your bag. Promo and discount codes can not be combined and can not be applied to previous purchases. Promo codes are honored online and in stores unless otherwise specified in the corresponding promotional newsletter. Purchases made with a promo and/or discount code are final sale. For the Black Friday promotion in stores, the following exclusions apply: Art, Furniture, Rugs, Lighting, Adam Lippes, Pologeorgis, Grey Goose, CVC Stones, Deitas, Emilia Wickstead, Everclassic, Kiki de Montparnasse, Monique Pean and Maison Louis Marie. For the Cyber Monday promotion online, the following exclusions apply: all Fashion, all special order or special delivery items, and everything outside of the Cyber Monday collection.
- How will I know which items are eligible to be purchased on promotion?
The Line's promotional newsletters will indicate if there are any exclusions with every promotion. The applicable promo code will only apply a discount to eligible items in your cart.
- What is The Line’s shipping policy?
The Line offers free shipping on most U.S. orders over $100. Expedited shipping is available for an additional charge. Orders placed before 2 p.m. ET on business days begin processing on that day; orders placed after 2 p.m. ET begin processing on the next business day.
Order Total* UPS Ground** UPS Two Day UPS Next Day New York Tri-State Area
$100 or more
$10 (1—2 business days)
Not available Not available Continental U.S.
(Does not include AK and HI)***
$100 or more
$10 (3—5 business days)
International All international orders ship via UPS Worldwide Expedited for $35 - $50.
*Item total, before any applicable sales tax is added. Items that require custom fulfillment (made to order) or special delivery are not eligible for free shipping.
**UPS Ground transit times may vary, especially during peak shipping season, and cannot be guaranteed.
***For orders shipping to Hawaii and Alaska, add your billing and shipping information in checkout to view your shipping cost. Please note that shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories and APO/FPO addresses will take additional time.
U.S. Ground Shipping
Some items are only available for delivery via ground shipping, which takes approximately 3–5 business days.
Items will be flagged as requiring ground shipping.
U.S. Special Delivery
Some items are made to order or require special delivery, and may ship from us or directly from the manufacturer. If you place an order for one or more of these items, we will contact you via email with regard to production, any additional fees, and/or shipping.
Items will be flagged as requiring special delivery.
- Does The Line ship to countries other than the United States?
We ship to more than 100 countries using UPS Worldwide Expedited service, with delivery within two to five business days. International shipping rates vary by country and range from approximately $35 to $50. To see the shipping cost for your order, place items in your bag and begin the checkout process: add your billing and shipping information and continue to the next step to view your shipping cost.
- What about items marked as requiring special delivery?
Some items are made to order, and may ship from us or directly from the manufacturer. If you place an order for one or more of these items, we will contact you via email with regard to production and/or shipping.
- What about fees, taxes, and/or duties for international orders?
International orders are subject to duties and taxes determined by the country to which they are shipped. These fees are the responsibility of the recipient to pay upon delivery. Orders refused at the point of delivery will incur return shipping charges as well as a restocking fee equivalent to the duties and taxes levied upon the original shipment.
We are required by law to list directly on the package the full retail value of items ordered and contained therein. We cannot mark any package as a gift to avoid customs and duties fees. On rare occasions, customs agents may delay the delivery of, open, and/or examine the contents of packages at their discretion. For more information on customs fees and procedures, please contact your local customs office.
- What is The Line’s holiday shipping schedule?
We will not be shipping on the following days:
- Monday, May 28, 2018
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019
For U.S. delivery by Christmas, orders must be placed by 2 p.m. ET on December 19th (via two-day air) or by 2 p.m. ET on December 20th (via next-day air).
- What is The Line’s return policy?
We accept returns of most unused, unworn, unwashed, unaltered, and undamaged items* within 14 days of purchase, for purchases made before December 25, 2018. All sale items are Final Sale. Gifts purchased before December 25, 2018 may be exchanged for items of equal or greater value within 30 days of the purchase date if accompanied by a gift receipt. All returned items must be accompanied by original packaging, such as boxes, hangers, and garment bags. The Line does not offer Price Adjustments.
For an item to be eligible for return:
- It must be unused, unworn, unwashed, and undamaged.
- It must have all original tags attached.
- If footwear, it must include the original shoe box in original condition (without shipping labels). Footwear returned in a damaged shoe box or without the original shoe box will incur a fee of $30, to be deducted from your refund.
*Undergarments, swimwear, bodysuits, pierced earrings, beauty items, works of art, select home goods, sale items and any other items designated “final sale” are not eligible for return. Additionally, we cannot accept returns of monogrammed, personalized, or special-order items, or of items damaged through normal wear and tear.
- How do I return an item to The Line?
- Request a Return Authorization (RA) number by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number, the name of the item(s) you would like to return, and the reason why the item(s) did not work out.
- After receiving your RA number, note it below along with the return code(s) for the returned item(s). If your order was shipped to a U.S. address, you’ll receive a pre-paid UPS return label via email.
- Repackage the item(s) you would like to return.
- Leave your return shipment at a UPS drop-off location.
We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve received your return and processed your refund. It may take up to 14 business days from the date we process your refund for it to reflect on your original form of payment.
- What is the charge for return shipping?
For orders shipped within the United States, return shipping is free for all eligible items* purchased at full price if returned within 14 days of purchase using the prepaid UPS label provided.
*Items that did not initially qualify for free shipping do not qualify for free return shipping.
- What if I receive a damaged or defective item?
If you receive a defective or damaged item, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. In the case of damage incurred during shipment, we must be notified within 48 hours of delivery in order to initiate the return process. If your purchase becomes faulty within 30 days of the purchase date, please contact hello@theline for review, including your order number and purchase date, a detailed description of the damage, and photos.
- What about returns for international orders?
The above return policy applies to international orders, with the following adjustments:
- Return-eligible items will be accepted within 14 days of delivery date, for purchases made before December 25, 2018.
- Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- We cannot refund duties and taxes paid to clear customs.
- How does the pre-order process work?
Select items are available for pre-order and are marked accordingly. Upon placing a pre-orderable item in your bag, you will see the item’s expected ship date. Pre-orders require a 50% deposit at the time of purchase. When the item is ready to ship, the balance due will be charged to your card. Once the payment is processed, you will receive an email with tracking information for the shipment. Any other (non-pre-order) items in your order will ship separately.
- What if I’ve made it to the end of this page and still have a question?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org